Medical Radiation Technologist – MRI Victoria Hospital
London Health Sciences Centre
LHSC - MRI VH Reporting to the Coordinator MRI/CT, the Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) is responsible for performing clinical and research magnetic resonance scans. The Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) is responsible for ensuring that safe screening and scanning practices are followed to prevent hazards due to high magnetic fields. The Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT) will participate in the training of student technologists.Rate of Pay: $32.99 per hour - $45.56 per hour
* Registered Magnetic Resonance Technologist by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
* Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario in the specialty of Magnetic Resonance - MRT (MR)
* Member of Ontario Association of Medical Radiation Sciences (preferred)
* Minimum of six (6) months previous Magnetic Resonance Imaging experience
* Ability to perform IV insertions and inject MR contrast
* Demonstrated skills and knowledge in MR procedures and post-processing of images
* Cerner and AGFA PACS experience preferred
* Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated effective organizational skills involving time management and prioritization
* Demonstrated ability to manage change in a dynamic environment
* Demonstrated practice and commitment to the principles of patient and family centered care
* Demonstrated practice and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
* Demonstrated practice and commitment to LHSC’s Mission, Vision and Values
* Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
* Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
* Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step)
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and are also fully compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), as applicable.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory police information check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Interested candidate are encouraged to apply through LHSC Careers website – Job ID 78245
Victoria Hospital (Adult & Children’s), 800 Commissioners Rd E