Medical Radiation Technologist (Temporary)- Nuclear Medicine UH
London Health Sciences Centre
As London, Ontario’s largest employer, London Health Science Centre is home to Children's Hospital, University Hospital, Victoria Hospital, the Kidney Care Centre, Byron Family Medical Centre, Victoria Family Medical Centre and 54 Riverview Avenue site. We are also home to the London Regional Cancer Program, CSTAR (Canadian Surgical Technologies & Advanced Robotics) and two research institutes - Children's Health Research Institute and Lawson Health Research Institute. Our physicians, residents and staff number nearly 15,000 and, together, they provided care for more than one million patients last year.As an acute care teaching hospital, we care for the most medically complex and critically ill patients in our region. Saving lives and changing lives - we are here when you need us.
Medical Imaging – Nuclear Medicine
Reporting to the Coordinator, the Medical Radiation Technologist – Nuclear Medicine is responsible for invitro Nuclear Medicine procedures, performing patient imaging procedures and for providing accurately analyzed data to medical staff for diagnostic interpretation. The successful candidate will ensure that patient care and safety are maintained at all times.
• Currently registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
• Registered as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
• Certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) preferred
• Demonstrated competency in all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including the operation of Nuclear Medicine equipment and computers
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands that require attention to detail in a high volume department
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of & commitment to the principles of patient & family centered care
• Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
$31.32 per hour - $41.98 per hour
London Health Sciences Centre fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that a reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Please visit www.lhsc.on.ca – Careers for more information
There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you'll want to add your own reasons to the list!
• Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities
• A Shared Leadership Model
• A Leading-Edge Environment
• International Acclaim
• On-Site Wellness Centre
Together we care, we learn, we discover.