Medical Radiography Technologist
Penticton Regional Hospital is currently seeking casual Medical Radiography Technologists to join the medical imaging team in covering sick, vacation and special leaves.
The Medical Radiation Technologist performs radiographic and related duties working in conjunction with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives, verifies and processes requisitions from physicians for diagnostic imaging procedures.
• Organizes workload according to exam priority and equipment availability. Ensures adequate supplies are available for examinations/procedures.
• Prepares patient for diagnostic imaging procedures/examinations by performing duties such as explaining procedures and contraindications, verifying relevant patient information, ensuring consent for examinations categorized as high risk, etc.
• Performs all general duty radiographic procedures in accordance with established standards, procedures and protocols.
• Ensures relevant clinical data is collected for all procedures.
• Assesses technical quality of images and applies corrective measures where necessary.
The shifts for this position are based on rotating days, and evenings. Most shifts will be short call for relief coverage.
This is a casual position which means hours of work are not guaranteed. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
Come and join the team here at Interior Health, where Every Person Matters. Apply Today!
• Graduate of an accredited medical radiography program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
Hourly Wage: $29.70 - $37.04