Medical Radiological Technologist
Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute
POSITION OVERVIEW:The Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute is one of Canada’s leading biomedical research institutes offering a stimulating research environment. The technologist will primarily be responsible for the operation and management of a Hologic Discovery A Dual X-ray Absorptiometer (DXA) (training will be provided). The machine is designated for research purposes only and will be used for several research projects including studies related to breast cancer and diabetes risk. There is also the potential opportunity to participate in other aspects of the research projects. The position will initially be for one year part time (usually mornings) with the possibility of renewal. There may also be the potential to expand hours dependent on the volume of research participants and number of projects.
60 Murray Street, Toronto, ON
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform full and/or partial body scans on research study participants including body composition scans and bone mineral density scans as required
• Perform any routine tasks relating to calibration and maintenance of equipment
• Track usage of the equipment by different studies for billing
• Maintain a schedule for study participant appointments
• As time permits, possibly assist with other research project tasks including performing anthropometric measurements, drawing blood samples, checking and entering data
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Radiological Technology Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Previous training in drawing blood samples or willingness to be trained is required.
• Previous experience operating DXA equipment is an asset.
• Previous experience in a research setting is an asset.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must be certified to operate radiological equipment (CMRT certificate required)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as with other team members
How to Apply:
Please submit a CV and cover letter online at:
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, but only those candidates short listed for interview will be contacted.
Up to 10 hours per weel
$30.89 - $41.40
This is a temporary part-time 1 year contract.
Human Resources Advisor
416-586-4800 ext. 7073