Medical Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technologist
Hôpital Montfort is Ontario’s Francophone Academic Hospital, offering exemplary person-centred care. The hospital serves over 1.2 million people in Eastern Ontario, in both official languages. In 2018, it earned Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada, and was designated Best Practices Spotlight Organization by the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario. With its main partners, the University of Ottawa and La Cité college, as well as other post-secondary programs, Montfort is preparing the next generation of Francophone healthcare professionals. Since 2015, it has joined the ranks of Canada’s top 40 research hospitals through the activities of the Institut du Savoir Montfort, its knowledge institute. As part of its 2016-2021 strategy, Montfort is striving to become your hospital of reference for outstanding services, designed with you and for you. In 2019, it was named one of the world’s top 1000 hospitals. Our daily actions are guided by compassion, respect, mutual support, excellence and accountability.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager - Medical Imaging, you will provide support to the multidisciplinary team and oversee the smooth functioning of diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging examinations. Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Perform diagnostic MRI examinations, evaluate the quality of the MR images and complete the various tasks related to the examination.
• Inform the radiologist when the patient's pathology or condition requires the standard protocol to be modified.
• Adjust and/or add technical factors or sequences to demonstrate pathologies, reduce artefacts depending on the physical condition.
• Ensure patient and staff safety and that the equipment is compatible and safe in the required area.
• Ensure the proper functioning of the instruments and technical equipment, ensure its maintenance and oversee the examination room to make sure that it is well maintained and supplied with the necessary material.
• Conduct quality control tests.
• Conduct follow-up of MR images to the PACS system and transfer MR images to other media, if necessary.
• Safely place the venous line and inject the contrast product during the MRI examination and check the patient's condition.
• College diploma in Medical Radiation Technology
• Valid certification in magnetic resonance imaging
• Active member of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
• Active member of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
• Certificate in cardiopulmonary resuscitation acquired in the last two (2) years at intermediate care level (C)
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience in a position considered equivalent in a hospital setting
• Demonstrated knowledge of the PACS system
• Experience with Meditech software
Hôpital Montfort recognizes the importance of its clientele through the collaborative approach employed by all staff members, who also share a sense of responsibility in attaining the highest quality healthcare.
To accomplish this, you have the following skills:
• Analytical skills
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to adapt
$38.72 - $45.79/hour
HR Business Partner
713 Montréal Rd
613 746 4621
Job Posting Link