Interior Health - Boundary Hospital
Our uniqueness is in who we are and where we are. Our geographical location offers the choice of an active urban lifestyle or quiet rural setting. Whether you’re in clinical care, management, or in a supporting role, your impact will be felt. Your passion and motivation combined with our commitment to set new standards of excellence makes Interior Health the right choice for you. We thrive as a direct result of state-of-the-art equipment, forwarding thinking and strong leadership. We are here for your whole life from career choices to family benefits to work/life balance. At Interior Health there is always room to grow.
Grand Forks, BC
Boundary District Hospital is currently seeking a casual Sonographer to join its medical imaging team. Boundary District Hospital, located in Grand Forks, BC, is a Community Hospital offering services including surgical, inpatient and emergency.
The Sonographer performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures/examinations and related duties working in collaboration with radiologists/cardiologists, physicians and other health care professionals.
We use the Philips iU22 machine and conduct abdominal, obstetrics, renal, thyroid, DVTs, carotids, pelvic, and testicular procedures at Boundary District Hospital. There is no radiologist on-site so we do not handle biopsies. We do approximately 1,700 ultrasounds a year.
This position works rotating days from 07:30-15:30 and 08:30-16:30 with no on-call required for ultrasound.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual on-call positions and lead to regular employment.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of BC. Apply Today!
COMMUNITY PROFILE: Grand Forks is surrounded by mountains, lake and rivers that provide the perfect setting for many outdoor four-season adventures that are available year round. With a population of 4,000 Grand Forks offers a “small town feel” while providing all the amenities. Centrally located between Kelowna and Spokane, Grand Forks is known as the Sunshine Valley and provides a strong commitment to healthy living, affordability and great quality of life.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/grand-forks/medical-sonographer/602/11677570