Medical Technologist III, Cytogenetics
Provincial Health Services Authority
855 West 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
1. Assigns patient identification number and checks various regional databases for previous relevant analyses.
2. Validates and maintains inventory, and prepares reagents used for test procedures.
3. Sets up and harvests cultures for cytogenetic analyses.
4. Prepares slides and performs various banding techniques such as G-banding, C-banding.
5. Prepares slides and performs fluorescence in situ hybridization.
Performs DNA/RNA extraction and molecular techniques.
-Certification with the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Sciences in Clinical Genetics.
-Graduation from the post graduate diploma program in Clinical Genetics from the British Columbia Institute of Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
$31.37 to $39.10
The cytogenetic technologist performs a variety of tests and procedures on specimens submitted for cytogenetic analyses using cytogenetic and molecular techniques in the context of the organization’s quality management system.