MLT Core / Histology / Micro
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a state-of-the-art regional hospital with a proud local history extending back over a century. With a capacity of 494 beds, our regional hospital has one of the busiest Emergency Department in Ontario and offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care, and vascular surgery.PRHC offers exciting leadership opportunities where you can grow and develop professionally while finding daily balance by to enhancing your quality of life both inside and outside of work.We offer competitive and comprehensive benefit plans, a pension program with matching employer contribution, professional development opportunities, employee and family assistance program, health and wellness programs (gym and yoga memberships, annual wellness fair, travel discounts) and a learning fund for educational development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Responsible to the Charge Technologist(s) in the Area(s) in which they are working and to the Laboratory Manager(s) for performing a variety of routine tests in the various specialty areas of the Laboratory (e.g. Core Lab, Microbiology, Histology, etc.). When requested, takes charge of other areas during the absence of the regular Senior or Charge Technologists.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
General: General Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by Canadian Society of Laboratory Medical Science (CSMLS) or equivalent.
Holds current Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
Recent Hospital experience preferred.
Core: Recent Hospital Laboratory (Blood Bank, Hematology, Chemistry) experience preferred (within 3 years).
Histology: Recent experience in microtomy, embedding and general histology duties preferred (within 3 years).
Microbiology: Recent Microbiology experience preferred (within 3 years).
WHO YOU ARE:
Someone who possesses:
• Computer skills are essential - knowledge of Meditech and Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and co-operatively with all levels of staff, patients, physicians, external regulatory bodies and the public
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are important for interaction with patients and staff
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills are required to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional manner under stressful conditions
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment and hours of work to meet patient needs
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and use good judgement
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated good ability to maintain attendance
• Possess good concentration skills
• This position involves sitting or standing for extended periods of times
• Must have good team work skills and promote a positive attitude within the team
• Demonstrated ability to keep up to date technically and apply that knowledge to the position
Interested applicants should apply through the careers site at www.prhc.on.ca
1 Hospital Drive
Job Posting Link