MLT – Part-time – Microbiology – Lab – Belleville General
Quinte Health - Belleville General Hospital
Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
• Performs a variety of laboratory procedures, many of which are complex, involve a number of steps and techniques, and require use of professional judgment.
• Responsible for complete operation of assigned duties, including productivity, quality and reporting of results.
• Professional application of principles, theories, and techniques of medical laboratory technology to be used to produce reliable test results which in turn are used in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• Previous experience with Mass Spectrometry system (MALDI-TOF), Vitek and automated blood culture theories and techniques.
• Must be a graduate of an approved school for Laboratory Technologists.
• Must have current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario or equivalent province registration. Must obtain CMLTO to work in Ontario.
• Recent MLT experience (within 3 years) in the Department of Laboratory Medicine OR a recent/prospective MLT Graduate
• Ability to communicate and work closely with other hospital staff and patients.
• Ability to perform teaching functions to students when required.
• Must be able to work shifts, weekends and stat holidays.
• Validation of technical skills and ability through successful completion of a competency test.
• An updated resume and any relevant certificates.
Part-Time as per OPSEU Local 480 CBA
$32.99 - $44.66/Hour
Quinte Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Quinte Health Human Resources
Human Resources Department
Job Posting Link
Quinte Health - Belleville General Hospitalwebsite