MR Test Technician
Profound Medical Inc.
Profound Medical develops customizable, incision-free therapies which combine real-time Magnetic Resonance (“MR”) imaging, thermal ultrasound and closed-loop temperature feedback control for the radiation-free ablation of diseased tissueProfound is commercializing TULSA-PRO®, a novel technology that combines real-time MRI, robotically-driven transurethral ultrasound and closed-loop temperature feedback control. TULSA-PRO® is CE marked and commercially launched in key European and other CE mark jurisdictions. Profound has completed enrollment and 12-month follow-up in a multicenter, prospective clinical trial, TACT, which is expected to support its application to the U.S. FDA for approval to market TULSA-PRO® in the United States.Profound is also commercializing Sonalleve®, an innovative therapeutic platform that is CE marked for the treatment of uterine fibroids and palliative pain treatment of bone metastases. Sonalleve® has also been approved by the China Food and Drug Administration for the non-invasive treatment of uterine of uterine fibroids and palliative pain treatment of bone metastases. Sonalleve® has also been approved by the China Food and Drug Administration for the non-invasive treatment of uterine fibroids. The Company is in the early stages of exploring additional potential treatment markets for Sonalleve® where the technology has been shown to have clinical application, such as non-invasive ablation of abdominal cancers and hyperthermia for cancer therapy.
Our mission is to Profoundly change the standard of care by creating a tomorrow where clinicians can confidently ablate tissue with precision; a tomorrow where patients have access to safe and effective treatment options, so they can quickly return to their daily lives. Changing the standard of care is part of our fabric. We are a group of energetic, problem-solvers focused on innovation, and looking to change the world. If you want to make a Profound impact with your career, here is your chance.
The MR Test Technician is a fundamental contributor to improving quality of our product by providing feedback to product specialists and engineering. They are responsible for the testing, verification and maintenance of PMI’s products. This encompasses software, hardware, system aspects of the products as well as integration of third-party products. The role is responsible for developing the test plans; design, planning, execution, and reporting of all activities required to verify conformance to defined acceptance criteria. The individual requires significant schedule flexibility as access to MR scanners is typically limited to off hours and various hospital facilities in the GTA. Some sites are in Europe and significant travel may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct MR testing on-site (typically Hospital sites on off hours, Schedule and travel flexibility is a requirement)
2. Prepare and release verification and validation protocols and associated reports. (collecting data, perform data analysis ,write test records, and verification reports)
3. Troubleshoot product issues at customer sites and identify product usability issues.
4. Document activities according to Profound’s QMS processes
5. Create, update and execute test protocols for the hardware, software, and systems aspects of the company’s products with specific focus on MR testing.
6. Develop testing systems to reduce or eliminate MR testing where possible.
7. Investigating methods of increasing efficiency in testing, developing test suites, and verifying that adequate test coverage is applied.
8. Perform verification MRI testing and writing verification reports
9. Run regular phantom testing with new revisions of equipment/software at MRI site(s)
10. Participate in risk management activities
11. Investigate complaints, perform root cause analysis of failures, and propose remediation in a timely fashion.
Degree in Engineering, Science, Computer Science or similar
Full- time employee
2400 Skymark Avenue Unit 6, Mississauga ,ON
416 700 8822