MRI Technologist (MRT)
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
The Bloorview Research Institute is seeking a dynamic MRI Technologist to join our team.STATUS: Temporary Part-time (15-30 hrs bi-weekly)RATE: $34.31/hr to $42.97/hrOur team is made up of technologists, researchers, scientists, and trainees dedicated to conducting cutting edge research with children and youth with disability. The Bloorview Research Institute is home to a world class, fully accessible, pediatric friendly, research MRI unit that will allow us to conduct large, long-term studies to lead impactful and actionable researchWhy join our team?- Work in Canada’s largest pediatric rehabilitation- Work with state-of-the-art equipment- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)- Access to continuing education funding- Access to employee discount programs including discounts at major retailers and major attractionsOn-site gym and access to staff lead sports and activities including yoga, swimming, dragon boating, and moreLearn more about the advantages of a career at Holland Bloorview here: https://hollandbloorview.ca/About-Us/working-with-us/advantages-career-holland-bloorviewHolland Bloorview is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for our clients, families, research scientists, staff, participants, trainees, volunteers, trustees, and partners. We welcome applications from Black individuals and other racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2SA+ persons, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas within our community. Holland Bloorview is committed to fair assessment of a candidate's abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience, including non-traditional career paths.
- Responsible for the day to day operation of Holland Bloorview’s MRI unit.
- Responsible for all imaging equipment maintenance, policies and procedures, and quality control.
- Responsible for organizing and implementing educational aspects and the administrative needs of the unit.
- maintaining current knowledge of and utilizing the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) to view, manipulate and archive digital medical images of data in final image formation
- Works in collaboration with the research teams to ensure optimal service to our participants.
- Coordinates the efficient and safe participant flow in the MRI unit in collaboration with other members of MRI operations.
- Responsible for MRI safety within the unit while on shift.
- Performs MRI procedures, post-processing of images, uploading of images internally and externally
- Liaises with all members of the MRI team as well as Principal Investigators, research staff and consultant radiologists.
- Remains up to date on the latest MR safety practices and utilizes and /or disseminates as appropriate.
- Other duties as required.
- Successful completion of an accredited program in Medical Radiation Technology (B.Sc. or diploma program).
- Registered with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO).
- Member of the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Completion of a recognized post diploma program in MRI or recognized equivalent
- Completion of a contrast injection course, preferred.
- Preference of 1 year clinical and/or research MRI experience
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) program certification required.
- Ability to demonstrate significant independent judgment.
- Pediatric experience is considered a strong asset
- Experience working with a Siemens 3T PRISMA or other research grade magnet is considered an asset
- Expert knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Must be proficient with Windows operating systems, office suites, and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skill and experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Attention to detail and efficient time management; Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in team environment.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule (weekdays, evenings, weekends)
Interested applicants should visit our website to apply: https://hollandbloorview.ca/about-us/working-with-us/current-job-opportunities
People & Culture Assistant
150 kilgour rd
416 424 3890