MRT-N – Nuclear Medicine
Scarborough Health Network
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Under the general direction of the Manager, Diagnostic Services and the supervision of the Charge Technologist of Nuclear Medicine, the M.R.T will: perform a variety of diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures on patients requiring the injection/administration of radioisotopes, carry out their duties in accordance with the standards of practice established by the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario, work with a minimum of supervision, and use independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative while performing their duties. The successful candidate will work at all three hospital sites.
This is a Job Share position, in which the two successful candidates will have a 50:50 split of worked hours. The successful candidates will have the ability to pick up additional hours in DI at any of our hospital locations.
• Successful completion of a Nuclear Medicine program
• Must be currently registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario
• Completion of CAMRT CT-1 and working on CT-2 and CT-3
• Demonstrated technical capability
• Well-developed interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills
• Computer keyboarding skills
• Demonstrates excellent organizational, time-management and team building skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Minimum of one (1) year post graduate experience working in hospital imaging department
• Certification with the CAMRT
• SPECT CT experience
• Training in the performance of cardiac and non-cardiac imaging, as well as angiocath and I.V. placement
• CPR and 12 lead ECG experience
• Ability to speak another language