Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
• Consulting with the surgeon regarding patient structures at risk and modalities to be monitored
• Clearly and effectively communicate to the patient about the IONM tests to be performed during the surgical procedure
• Accurately placing all electrodes on the patient per the standard of care
• Diligently monitors waveforms from multiple modalities using Cadwell’s cascade software during surgery.
• Keeping the surgical team informed of patient status throughout the surgery.
• Promptly uploads IONM surgical logs to excel accurately and efficiently.
• Maintenance of all IONM equipment and report any equipment issues promptly to the team lead.
• Identifying appropriate protocols and performs troubleshooting as needed to ensure accurate data collection.
• Research and stay up to date with current literature in IONM
• Available to be on call for 24 hours a day (approx. 7-8 days a month or 95 days a year)
• B.Sc. in Health Science, Biological Science (i.e. Kinesiology)
• M.Sc. in Health Science, Biological Science preferred
• Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Graduate Certification required or CNIM certification
• Minimum one year of intra-operative neuromonitoring experience in a large Canadian tertiary care centre required
• Thorough understanding of anatomy and neurophysiology
• Proven communication and problem-solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and AED certifications.
Type of Job
Permanent Full Time
Weekdays & Alternating Weekends: Days and Evenings; 8hrs, 10hrs; As per schedule On-call & Statutory Holidays Required
Job Posting Link