Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Bayview Campus - Toronto
• Consulting with the surgeon regarding patient structures at risk and modalities to be monitored
• Clearly and effectively communicate to the patient about the IONM tests to be performed during the surgical procedure
• Accurately placing all electrodes on the patient per the standard of care
• Diligently monitors waveforms from multiple modalities using Cadwell’s cascade software during surgery.
• Keeping the surgical team informed of patient status throughout the surgery.
• Promptly uploads IONM surgical logs to excel accurately and efficiently.
• Maintenance of all IONM equipment and report any equipment issues promptly to the team lead.
• Identifying appropriate protocols and performs troubleshooting as needed to ensure accurate data collection.
• Research and stay up to date with current literature in IONM
• Available to be on call for 24 hours a day (approx. 7-8 days a month or 95 days a year)
• B.Sc. in Health Science, Biological Science (i.e. Kinesiology)
• M.Sc. in Health Science, Biological Science preferred
• Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Graduate Certification required or CNIM certification
• Minimum one year of intra-operative neuromonitoring experience in a large Canadian tertiary care centre required
• Thorough understanding of anatomy and neurophysiology
• Proven communication and problem-solving skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Current Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and AED certifications.
8hrs, 10hrs, Days, Evenings, Alternating Weekends, On-Call & Statutory Holidays required, As per schedule
2075 Bayview Avenue
Job Posting Link