Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Georgian Radiology Consultants
Georgian Radiology Consultants is locally owned and operated.We have proudly provided diagnostic imaging services throughout Simcoe County for 50 years. With 5 Independent Health Facilities in Barrie, Innisfil, Collingwood and Wasaga Beach we employ over 70 hardworking and dedicated individuals.Our team is committed to providing:• Exceptional and compassionate patient care• Prompt and timely service to our referring health care professionalsOur team leaders are committed to:• Creating a safe and healthy work environment where our employees can grow personally and professionally• Operating with integrity and promoting excellence in every facet of the services that we provide• Growing and building strategic partnerships to meet the needs of the communities that we serve
We are looking for a skilled Nuclear Medicine Technologist to join our team. As an integral member of the Nuclear Medicine team, the technologist will perform general Nuclear Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology procedures.
The technologist must be patient-focused and capable of performing high quality nuclear medicine procedures independently and proficiently, in accordance with CMRITO Standards of Practice, radiation safety principles, and GRC protocols. We are currently hiring for a part-time role primarily based at our Innisfil location.
• Proper patient identification, verification of patient pregnancy and/or breastfeeding status, explanation of procedure, responding to patient questions, and obtaining consent.
• Preparation, administration, and documentation of unit dose radiopharmaceuticals.
• Patient preparation, positioning and use of proper techniques as outlined in procedure manual or as requested by Nuclear Medicine Radiologist, to perform nuclear medicine imaging and SPECT acquisition, image processing, data storage and management on workstations, and database management in PACS.
• EKG monitoring and/or pharmaceutical administration in persantine stress testing procedures under a medical directive and physician supervision.
• Providing excellent patient care, including recognizing deteriorating patient condition or an emergency event.
• Following Radiation Safety Manual policies, CNSC regulations, Transport of Dangerous Goods regulations, and best practices for working with radioisotopes, under the supervision of the Radiation Safety Officer.
• Quality control of instruments such as dose calibrator and gamma camera.
• Identifying performance problems with nuclear medicine equipment, troubleshooting, and notifying the appropriate personnel.
• Digital post-processing of patient data, preparing written and electronic reports, and PACS/EMR use.
• Participating in educational, safety, and quality improvement programs/activities.
• Ensuring that the lab is clean and orderly with adequate supplies available.
• Participating in orientation training of new staff.
• Adhering to responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act and clinic procedures at all times.
• Active registration (or eligible for registration) with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario in Nuclear Medicine required.
• Registration with CAMRT/OAMRS preferred; professional liability insurance required.
• Current BCLS certificate required; ACLS an asset.
• Recent Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate preferred.
• Strong EKG interpretation knowledge and/or additional cardiac stress certification an asset.
• Demonstrated commitment to patient care.
• Strong IV insertion and clinical skills.
• Ability to communicate with a high level of professionalism.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and show flexibility.
• Independent judgement, skill, and initiative in the performance of work duties.
• Must have a friendly and professional attitude towards patients, team members, and leadership.
• Discretion and maturity in handling confidential matters.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge and proficiency with PACS.
• Satisfactory criminal record name check.
To apply: Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Terri Holbrough at email@example.com
HR/Pacs and Billing Lead
705 726 5759 x223
705 726 7538