Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Windsor Regional Hospital
Windsor Regional Hospital
Windsor Regional Hospital is a multi-faceted, health services organization operating from two main sites, the Metropolitan Campus and the Ouellette Campus. Windsor Regional Hospital is one of the largest community hospitals in the Province of Ontario. We are the regional provider of advanced care in areas that include complex trauma, renal dialysis, cardiac care, stroke and neurosurgery, intensive care, acute mental health, family birthing centre, neonatal intensive care, paediatric services, regional cancer services and a broad range of medical and surgical services required to support these specialized areas for more than 400,000 people in Windsor and Essex County. Windsor Regional Hospital was one of the first hospitals to introduce patient quality and safety indicators publicly. These include Hospital Standardized Mortality Ratios (HSMR), Hospital Acquired Infection rates, patient and staff satisfaction and financial performance. Windsor Regional Hospital will regularly publish its performance information, using indicators to measure and report on how well we're doing towards meeting targets and/or to highlight areas for ongoing improvement. Windsor Regional Hospital is committed to providing Outstanding Care - No Exceptions !
1030 Ouellette Ave. Windsor, Ontario N9A 1E1
Under the overall direction of the Manager, Nuclear Medicine or designate, the Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, with skill, ingenuity and initiative. Must possess excellent knowledge in the performance of all nuclear medicine procedures performed in the department. May assume responsibility for designated areas of procedures as required. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Standards for the hospital and is proactive on promoting a safe work environment as well as adhering to all Licensing and Radiation Safety guidelines set out by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
* Certification as a M.R.T.(N). – required
* Current membership with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario - required
* Classified as a Nuclear Energy Worker – required
* Current CPR certificate-preferred
* Demonstrates excellent knowledge and is able to perform all current nuclear medicine procedures in the department
* Demonstrates independent judgment, skill, ingenuity and initiative in the performance of duties to obtain superior diagnostic images.
* Demonstrates a commitment to participate in Quality Improvement Initiatives/Programs
* Demonstrated high standards in oral and written communication skills and ability to work as a member of an integrated healthcare team
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining / enhancing professional competence through participation in appropriate continuing education activities
* General good health and a level of functional ability appropriate to the demands of the position
* French language skills an asset
Rotational 7.5 hour shifts including weekends and on call
As per the OPSEU 142 Collective Agreement
This is a temporary part-time position. The end date is unknown at this time.
Human Resources Advisor
1030 Ouellette Avenue Windsor, ON
(519) 973-4444 Ext. 32544