Pandemic Response Attendant
As one of Ontario’s largest community health systems serving one of fastest growing areas of the province, Lakeridge Health is reimagining the future of Health Care in the Durham Region. Supported by a talented team of more than 7,700 physicians, nurses, health care professionals and volunteers across five hospital sites and multiple off-site locations, Lakeridge Health is working with partners to create an integrated health system that supports people to achieve their best health.
Durham Region, ON
As a Pandemic Response Attendant you will play an integral role in supporting our clinical teams and contributing to a positive patient experience. Pandemic Response Attendants provide support to our clinical teams by assisting with non-clinical activities including but not limited to: answering call bells and phones, supporting virtual visits/calls with family members; updating visitor lists and logs; collecting and delivering personal items to floor; friendly visits with patients; ensuring PPE is worn properly; screening and greeting visitors to the floors, gathering supplies; acting as spotter for lift transfers; assisting patients with meals (feeding safety course will be provided); delivering water to patients; tidying patient areas (putting clothes away, removing garbage, making bed, etc.); escalating patient issues to appropriate member of care team; following health and safety policies and procedures and reporting any concerns through the appropriate channels.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Current enrollment or completion of post-secondary education in a health-related discipline preferred;
- Customer service experience with exceptional customer services skills;
- Healthcare experience is considered an asset;
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Professional and mature with the ability to interact effectively with staff, physicians, patients and families;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard
Days, Evenings, Nights and Weekends 8 and 12 hour shifts
$20.00 per hour
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with Lakeridge Health's policies and procedures.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Talent Acquisition Assistant
Job Posting Link