Part-Time Sonographer (Ultrasound Tech)
Lighthouse Medical Imaging
Lighthouse Medical Imaging is a network radiologist owned-and-operated diagnostic imaging independent health facilities serving the Toronto and Scarborough areas. www.lighthousemedical.ca
North York & Scarborough
The Sonographer works as a member of an inter-professional team applying their professional expertise and providing excellent patient care for our community; by following the guidelines and standards established by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and SonographyCanada.
Sonographer will perform at minimum general / small parts / abdominal / OBGYN ultrasound exams.
Minimum 2 years relevant Canadian experience.
-Ability to prioritize and accommodate urgent requests
- Analysis/ problem assessment skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to assume responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and promote good teamwork
- Perception, initiative, good judgment and concern for detail and accuracy
- Ability to demonstrate tact and courtesy in dealing with patients, staff and physicians
- Ability to work under pressure and in emergency situations
- Ability to effectively communicate in English required.
- Mandarin/Cantonese language will be an asset.
2 days per week +/- Saturday shifts to start
This part-time position has strong potential to become full-time as certain patient demographics become more comfortable with visiting medical buildings.