Pathologist Assistant – FT
William Osler Health System
William Osler Health System is committed to providing safe, equitable, high-quality care in an environment that inspires our staff to learn, innovate and grow. We believe that, together, we can create a stronger, more unified health care system for people across our region. One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for the ninth year in a row in 2021 for its exceptional workplace diversity and inclusiveness programs and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers for the eighth time in 2019, William Osler provides a leading healthcare network to grow your career. A multi-site hospital system that serves 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke, and surrounding communities within the Central West Local Health Integration Network, we offer employees incredible exposure and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game. Our patient-centric focus is demonstrated across our locations, all uniquely designed to support both the practical aspects of access to compassionate, cutting-edge health care, as well as the way patients and visitors feel.
Brampton Civic Hospital
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
You will perform a variety of duties required by the Pathology department, and other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science in Biology and/or Masters of Pathology or equivalent education with a minimum of 2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or a registered MLT with a passion to gross.
• Strong knowledge of Anatomy
• Demonstrated skills and ability in examining, describing, dissecting, weighing and photography of small and complex large gross surgical specimens of all tissue types
• Assist with or perform autopsies under pathologists' supervision
• Proven ability to perform duties independently or as a team member, with high degree of motivation and independent judgment
• Familiarity with equipment and tissue processing
• Demonstrated computer proficiency; Meditech and Paradigm an asset
• Proven written and oral communication skills
• Proven excellence working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and high degree of professionalism
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving ability
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain high level of productivity and competence
• American Association of Pathology Assistants (AAPA) registration an asset
• Required to work at and travel between all hospital campuses
Days/Evenings, 8 hour shifts
$37.28 - $46.93
Posting Number: OSLER13253
Job Posting Link