Permanent Part Time Medical Laboratory Technologist
Woodstock General Hospital
Located in the heart of Oxford County and serving more than 110,000 people, Woodstock Hospital is committed to promoting compassionate and respectful patient care. Join the team at our new state-of-the-art 178 bed hospital. We are a smoke-free and fragrance-free facility. Woodstock Hospital is also dedicated to sustaining a supportive environment and providing employment equity by meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities. Woodstock Hospital and its employees are committed to participating and complying with the by-laws and guidelines of the standards developed under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA).
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and co-operatively with all levels of staff, patients, physicians, external regulatory bodies and the public.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills are important for interaction with patients and staff.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills are required to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional manner under stressful conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment and hours of work to meet patient needs.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and use good judgement.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Demonstrated good ability to maintain attendance.
• Possess good concentration skills.
• This position involves sitting or standing for extended periods of times.
• Must have good team work skills and promote a positive attitude within the team.
• Demonstrated ability to keep up to date technically and apply that knowledge to the position.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre
• Must have and provide proof of full COVID-19 immunization
• Must possess certification from the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Technologist
• Must be licensed with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario.
• Recent Hospital experience required.
• 3 years previous recent experience in grossing, microtomy, embedding, immunohistochemistry and general histology duties required.
• Computer skills are essential - knowledge of Cerner and Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
Varied shifts, including some pre-booked shifts and weekends. 7.5 and 11.25 hour shift duration.
To be discussed at time of interview
Human Resources Coordinator
310 Juliana Drive