Personal Support Worker
Better Living Health and Community Services
Better Living Health and Community Services has been delivering community support services in the Don Mills area since 1976. Better Living Health and Community Services is committed to our mission by helping adults and seniors, at all stages, experience a better quality of life. We provide essential services that assist seniors and disabled adults wishing to live independently at home and allow respite for people in a care giving role.
The Successful Candidate For This Position Must Be Able To:
• Carries out Service Plan as determined by Client and Supervisor, In-Home Services.
• Provides personal care to Clients such as bathing, help with personal hygiene, toileting, etc.
• Assists Clients with feeding, dressing, meal preparation and medications reminders.
• Performs light housekeeping in Clients' homes such as dusting, cleaning floors, bathroom, kitchen, and other living areas, changes bed linens, and laundry.
• Provide grocery shopping services as requested.
• Provides companionship services to Clients. Provides emotional support to promote well being.
• Reports information on Clients' health changes, potential hazards or risks in the Clients home, etc. and problem solves with Supervisor, In-Home Services and/or client to monitor the effectiveness of the Service Plan.
• Participates in regular supervisory meetings with Supervisor, In-Home Services.
• Participates in meetings with other members of Client Care Team as required.
• Conduct Home Hazard Safety Assessment as required to ensure the safety of self and Clients and report all health and safety concerns to the Supervisor, In-Home Services.
• Adhere to the In-Home Services Program policies and procedures.
• Communicate efficiently with the In-Home Services Department.
• Document all duties performed in a clear and concise manner.
• Access to a smartphone (with data plan) required.
• Access to a vehicle is an asset.
The Successful Candidate For This Position Must Possess The Following Qualifications:
• Completion of PSW Certificate by a recognized college
• Must have experience in a similar role
• Must have open availabilities to work during weekdays (7AM-8PM) and on weekends (both Saturday and Sunday)
• Ability to read, write and orally communicate in English.
• Ability to use cleaning equipment.
• Ability to work independently.
• Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance issued by the local police station, within 6 weeks of offer of employment.
Better Living Health and Community Services has an opening for the position of Personal Support Worker. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing personal support, homemaking support, and respite services to Clients in the community and light housekeeping. The Personal Support Worker will report directly to the Coordinator, In-Home Services.
Manager, Administration and Human Resources
1 Overland Dr, North York, ON M3C 2C3