Professional Practice Leader, Cardiac Sonography
Interior Health’s Cardiac Services has a career opening for a Professional Practice Leader, Cardiac Sonography. If you are an experienced Cardiac Sonographer who excels in your practice and has leadership experience, apply today to join our experienced and supportive team of professionals and make a difference in people’s lives.The hospital is a 317 acute bed hospital and one of Interior Health’s two Tertiary Referral Hospitals. Adjacent to Kelowna General is the Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC), which provides timely, much needed surgeries to patients who require lifesaving procedures. The KGH Cardiac Program has expanded in recent years and includes:• Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation• Electrophysiology & Heart Rhythm Services• Cardiac Catheterization• Cardiac Surgery• Rapid Access to Cardiac Evaluation (RACE) clinic• Heart Function clinic• Cardiac Device Implantation & Management
Working in accordance with established vision and values of the organization and in conjunction with the Regional Cardiac Diagnostic Manager, the Professional Practice Leader (PPL) is accountable for the supervision, daily administration and quality assurance for the department. The PPL has a strong leadership role in the cardiac program at Kelowna General Hospital and is actively engaged in regional echo projects & initiatives. Reporting to the manager on administrative matters, the PPL advises on workload, labour relations, financial affairs including equipment purchases, personnel recruitment & retention, performance evaluations and competency evaluations. The PPL is responsible for interpreting and implementing regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to cardiac sonography services.
The PPL is responsible for ensuring that standards for cardiac sonographers are consistent with regulatory, accrediting body standards and relevant legislation. The PPL further leads ongoing Diagnostic Accreditation Processes and associated quality improvement work. This position provides clinical guidance to cardiac sonographers and advises the manager on matters regarding cardiac ultrasound practices.
Interior Health has clinical advisory groups that are working together to ensure best practice throughout the organization. Experience the difference of working for the public sector; where it feels good to give back.
Be part of a dynamic team! To explore an exciting new career opportunity, apply online today! We would love to hear from you.
• Graduate of a recognized/accredited North American Program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasonography).
• Current certification with Sonography Canada (formerly CARDUP) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Generalist and/or Cardiac) and/or current certification with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as required for the assigned practice area (such as, Abdomen/Small Parts, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Cardiac, and/or Vascular).
• Eligible for membership with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS.
• Five years of clinical experience, including two years of supervisory experience, in a similar facility or a combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the facility.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
37.5/week . PERMANENT FULL TIME
$40.64 - $50.72/hr
505 Doyle Ave Kelowna, BC
Job Posting Link