PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LEADER, MLT
Interior Health Authority
Are you a motivated Medical Laboratory Technologist with progressive supervisory experience? Are you looking for your next rewarding career opportunity that offers work life balance in a beautiful, natural setting? If so, prepare to join our leading health organization! We are currently recruiting for a relief full-time Professional Practice Leader, Medical Laboratory Technologist, Grade 5 to manage lab services and support frontline bench work in Williams Lake and 100 Mile House in B.C.
The Profession Practice Leader (PPL) works Monday through Friday from 08:00 to 16:00 and is responsible for the administration, supervision and planning of Laboratory Services. Reporting to the Laboratory Director, the PPL advises on budgets, workload, quality, labour relations and personnel. The PPL is responsible for interpreting and implementing all organizational regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Laboratory services at their designated sites.
The PPL provides clinical guidance to Lab personnel and is responsible for the timely implementation of appropriate, consistent safe and high quality standards within sites under their jurisdiction. The PPL ensures consistency with organizational standards, policies and procedures for the advancement of the organization’s goals and objectives to deliver quality healthcare in an effective and efficient manner.
The PPL will be based at the Cariboo Memorial Hospital located in Williams Lake, B.C. This is an expanding Level 2, 31 bed community hospital serving Williams Lake and surrounding communities. CMH provides medical, surgical, obstetrical & gynecological, pediatric, internal medicine, cardiology, ophthalmology, psychiatry & dermatology. The hospital offers 24 hour Emergency, Lab and Imaging services.
The PPL also manages Lab services at the 100 Mile House District General Hospital. This is a 16 bed facility, located in the historic town of 100 Mile House, approximately 1 hour by car from Williams Lake and 2 hours from Kamloops.
As the largest and fastest growing city in the area, Williams Lake serves as a business, industrial, and service hub for many outlying communities. Outdoor recreation enthusiasts are drawn to the area’s natural amenities. World-class mountain bike trails, miles of hiking and skiing terrain, and hundreds of lakes for kayaking, rafting, boating, fishing, and camping. The surrounding pristine wilderness provides unlimited recreation combined with the convenience of city living.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work and the people around you. Apply today and join our amazing team!
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory Science training program. Current General Certification with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) and eligible for membership with the BC Society of Laboratory Sciences (BCSLS) and/or CSMLS.
• Successful completion of a recognized formal management/leadership program.
• Successful completion of recognized laboratory science continuing education courses within the last 5 years.
• Minimum five years of related, progressive experience as a Technologist in a clinical laboratory of similar size and scope with at least 3 years demonstrated leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the facility.
• Valid BC Drivers license required.