Pulmonary Function Technologist – Permanent Full Time
Women's College Hospital
Women's College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you're ready to be part of a team that is revolutionizing the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution where the possibilities for innovation, new discovery and system thinking are limitless. Women's College Hospital is committed to equity, quality and patient safety as key professional values and essential components of daily practice.With the mobilization of our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, WCH has entered an exciting phase of its history – strengthening its bond with partners and introducing a new and inspiring vision: Healthcare revolutionized for a healthier and more equitable world.FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
Summary of Duties, but not limited to:
• Performs all tests currently offered in the Pulmonary Function Lab
• Provides smoking/tobacco cessation counselling, and education regarding respiratory health and medications to patients
• Teaches health discipline students and medical clerks/residents
• Provides support to patients in diverse areas such as the Acute Ambulatory Care Unit and Medical Clinical areas
• Acts as an advocate for safety and demonstrates principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
• Establishes and maintains rapport with patients, and collaborates with a multi-disciplinary team
• Integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care
As a role model and champion you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
The responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
• A registered member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologist (CACPT) required
• Minimum of 6 months of full-time experience (900 hours) experience in a Pulmonary Function Lab preferred
• Experience with the Vyntus, Vmax and SentrySuite preferred
• TEACH Certificate in smoking/tobacco cessation counselling, or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire
• Certified Tobacco Educator designation (CTE) an asset
• Current BCLS required
• Certified Respiratory Educator is an asset
• Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
• Strong technical and trouble-shooting skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills.
• Ability to work both autonomously and as an effective team member.
• Proven attendance record
• Professional behavior and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital
• This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all
$32.931 - $40.480 /Hour
Human Resources Coordinato
76 Grenville St
Job Posting Link