Juravinski Cancer Centre
Juravinski Cancer Centre
The duties and responsibilities of the Radiation Therapist includes; administering radiation treatment according to radiation oncologists' prescriptions, meeting the required standards of practice, documentation of prescriptions and related patient treatment information. The Therapist will take active participation in student training and quality assurance programs and will be required to perform other related duties and activities as assigned.
The Radiation Therapy / Treatment Planning Department of the Juravinski Cancer Centre is an expanding program that provides state-of-the-art planning, simulation and treatment for both external beam radiation and brachytherapy as well as comprehensive support for Radiation Therapy patients. The department includes a School of Radiation Therapy with Clinical Coordinators, and a treatment and administrative staff that include Radiation Therapists, Dosimitrists, Nurses, Mould Room Technicians, Clerks, Secretaries, and Health Care Aides. Currently, there are 10 Linear Accelerators, one Ortho-Voltage machine, an HDR Brachytherapy suite, and a CyberKnife unit.
1. Current registration with the CMRTO required
2. Current OAMRT and CAMRT membership preferred
3. Current BCLS certification with ongoing re-certification mandatory
4. Minimum 3 years recent Radiation Therapist experience
5. Excellent technical, communication, organizational, patient assessment, and critical analysis skills
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Demonstrated adaptability, flexibility, compassion, initiative when dealing with patients/families
8. Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize workload
9. Knowledge of computer systems and general office software
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All Internal applicants may apply online through the Careers website or by submitting a Competition Application Form. External applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Type of Job
Temporary Part-time - Job Number: 59789
$32.3293 Hourly to $44.2914
Apply online at https://hhsc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=59789&lang=en