Radiation Therapist I
Alberta Health Services
Red Deer, Alberta
Responsible for the accurate delivery of the prescribed course of radiation treatment, and the efficient simulation of patients according to the prescription of a Radiation Oncologist.
Responsible to perform routine procedures and other related duties as assigned by a Radiation Therapist II or Manager.
Responsible for the care, safety, comfort and assistance of patients and their families.
Will participate in the daily the quality assurance program, performing tests on the equipment as required by physics.
Will educate, instruct and supervise new staff members and radiation therapy students.
Will ensure that overtime coverage can be provided on a daily basis, as required.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Canadian program in Radiation Therapy, or a non-Canadian program that has been recognized by the CAMRT and the ACMDTT.
- Must be a registered member in good standing with the CAMRT, and a registered member in good standing with the ACMDTT, or be eligible for registration.
- Must be able to lift and position patients and equipment for treatment.
- Must possess good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, and have the ability to relate to the public, staff and students.
- Must be capable of functioning under stressful and demanding situations.
Type of Job
Hours Per Shift: 7.75
Minimum: 41.52 per hour Maximum: 53.59 per hour
Temporary End Date: 2017-01-11