Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 12,600 employees, Horizon Health Network's strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education.We have more than 12,600 dedicated, energetic employees working with over a 1,000 physicians. Horizon is an organization that values and recognizes your contributions, is dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction, has competitive pay and benefits and offers opportunities for professional growth. Horizon will provide you with the opportunity to work for an organization that you can feel proud of!
Saint John, New Brunswick
• Performs daily quality assurance, using approved procedures, and records results.
• Notifies the physicist responsible for the unit if any deviation is noted on quality assurance that requires action.
• Arrange required tests and retrieve results as requested in collaboration with radiation oncology team.
• Acquires and reviews images as per established IGRT policies and procedures.
• Assesses clinical condition of patients on treatment daily and advises oncologist.
• Provides patient focused care.
• Keeps accurate treatment records.
• Attends Planning and Grand Rounds.
• Participates in patient (family) education.
• Participates in committee work as assigned.
• Performs weekly chart Q/A.
• Performs R&V / Chart Check functions.
TREATMENT SIMULATION & ACCESSORY FABRICATION
• Prepares and positions the patient for treatment simulation as per appropriate protocol.
• Provides patient education regarding the simulation procedure, and provides initial orientation to the treatment area.
• Obtains the appropriate CT data set and/or measurements as required for treatment planning.
• Appropriately documents the set-up instructions of the patient.
• Completes Aria/ RT tracker CT-Simulation documentation.
• Performs daily quality assurance.
• Construct beam directional shells, cerrobend electron cutouts, vacloks and other devices as required.
• Reviews all clinical trial patients set up and preparation requirements in advance of scheduled simulation appointment.
• Registered with C.A.M.R.T.
• Ability to work effectively by contributing to the development and achievement of team goals.
• Ability to establish and maintain a respectful working relationship with other employees, patients and the general public.
• Physically able to perform assigned duties.
• Good previous work record.
• A high regard for attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
• Written and spoken competence in English required
$37.91 to $45.35 per hour (Subject to employment status)
400 University Avenue Saint John NB E2L 4L4