Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network is the largest health-care organization in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island. With 1000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion and approximately 12,600 employees, Horizon Health Network's strategic vision focuses on research, innovation and education. We have more than 12,600 dedicated, energetic employees working with over a 1,000 physicians. Horizon is an organization that values and recognizes your contributions, is dedicated to patient safety and satisfaction, has competitive pay and benefits and offers opportunities for professional growth. Horizon will provide you with the opportunity to work for an organization that you can feel proud of!
Saint John, New Brunswick
a) Assists the Radiation Oncologists in all aspects of the simulation of treatments with a CT Simulator. .
b) Precisely applies high energy ionizing radiation to cancer patients according to the prescription and instructions of a radiation oncologist, provides first line patient care, and patient education.
c) Makes beam directional shells, Electron cutouts, and patient immobilization devices.
d) Performs daily quality assurance testing of equipment.
e) Is focused on the delivery of quality patient focused care utilizing a collaborative interdisciplinary team approach.
f) Acquires and reviews images as per departmental IMRT/ Site Based policy and procedures.
g) Participates on oncology committees and site groups as requested.
h) Strives be a role model for other members of the health care team and to radiation therapy students
i) Respects the CAMRT Code of Ethics, and the
• Registered with C.A.M.R.T.
• Ability to work effectively by contributing to the development and achievement of team goals.
• Ability to work in an emotionally and technologically challenging environment.
• Extensive in house training and or vendor training provided as required.
• Physically able to perform assigned duties.
• Good previous work record.
• Neat and clean appearance.
• Knowledge of MS-Office, Aria, and Allscripts will be considered an asset.
• A high regard for attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
• Must have a genuine interest and concern for the welfare and professional development of others.
• Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
• Ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Good work record.
• Written and spoken competence in English required
• Subject to callback; may be required for emergencies.
• Shifts or overtime may be required.
• Evening and weekend on call will be assigned on a rotational basis as required.
• Rotation in the areas of responsibility scheduled as per departmental needs.
Talent Acquisition Specialist