Radiation Therapist, Cancer Program – Temporary Unscheduled Part-Time
Grand River Regional Cancer Centre - Radiation Treatment
To provide a variety of Radiation Therapy services including treatment planning, CT simulation, treatment delivery, dose calculations as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologists. To collaborate with Radiation Oncologists, Radiation Therapists, Oncology Nurses, Physicists, Students and Residents, etc to ensure compliance with the Standards of Practice of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario for all patient procedures.
Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Graduation from a recognized school of radiotherapy
• Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills to deal with physicists, oncologists, radiation therapists, and patients.
• Demonstrated teaching ability to train Radiation Therapists and Students.
• Working knowledge of and abilities with computers
• Demonstrated priority management skills with respect to clinical deadlines.
• Excellent technical, communication, organizational, patient assessment, and critical analysis skills
• Working knowledge of radiation safety.
• Good attendance record
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources or your Recruitment Specialist for assistance.
Type of Job
Temporary Unscheduled Part-Time Radiation Therapist Until approximately October 2, 2020
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Grand River Hospital requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.