Radiation Therapist, Temporary Part-time, Oncology Radiation Therapy
Kingston General Hospital Site
The Radiation Therapist will plan and administer radiation treatment accurately and efficiently by meeting the Standards of Practice of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario and by working within the mission/vision of the Division of Radiation Oncology Program and its goals.
The Radiation Therapist will ensure consistent excellence in patient care and patient education by meeting established quality improvement/assurance goals and by supporting the patient and his/her family as a professional member of the cancer management team. Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do
• Graduate of a recognized Radiation Therapy Program
• Member of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (Radiation Therapy) or eligible for registration.
• Member of Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists in good standing, or eligible for membership.
• Baccalaureate degree preferred.
• CPR certified.
• Excellent interpersonal, counseling and patient care skills.
• Ability to work in and promote a self-directed team environment, with excellent communication skills, decision-making, problem solving and teaching skills.
• Show adaptability, initiative and flexibility.
• Adheres to worker responsibilities as set out in the Occupational Health & Safety Act, hospital safety policies, and dept/unit established procedures at all times.
• Proven ability to attend work regularly.
• Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
Temporary Part-time Position; Days