York Physio & Foot Care Inc.
Multidisciplinary medical clinic is looking for a passionate and motivated Chiropodist / Podiatrist to join our team part-time. New graduates welcomed. Educational and Professional Qualifications:•Diploma from a recognized school of chiropody•Registration and in good standing with the College of Chiropodists of Ontario.•Carries Professional Liability Insurance Remuneration is based on experience.
1593 Wilson Ave., Toronto, ON, M3L 1A5
- Prescribe medications
- Assess the condition of a patient’s feet, ankles, or lower legs by reviewing his or her medical history, listening to the patient’s concerns, and performing a physical examination
- Read journals and attend conferences to keep up with advances in podiatric medicine
- Provide treatment for foot, ankle, and lower leg ailments, such as prescribing special shoe inserts (orthotics) to improve a patient’s mobility
- Refer patients to other physicians or specialists if they detect larger health problems, such as diabetes
- Perform foot and ankle surgeries, such as removing bone spurs and correcting foot and ankle deformities
- Give advice and instruction on foot and ankle care and on general wellness techniques
- Diagnose foot, ankle, and lower-leg problems through physical exams, x rays, medical laboratory tests, and other methods