Hawkesbury General Hospital
The Hawkesbury General Hospital (HGH) is a bilingual community hospital, which has more than 700 employees and 100 physicians, and serves the Prescott-Russell area in Ontario. With a heritage of over 100 years of quality care delivery, HGH is known for its culture of compassion, spirit of innovation and excellence of care. HGH is now growing and becoming a full-service regional hospital to meet the changing need of the community. HGH offers to its employees a dynamic clinical environment that promotes a diverse and interdisciplinary professional practice. Our hospital offers access to services among the best in the region, including 40 specialized clinics, in addition to the full range of general care and services. The opportunities for professional challenges and career advancement are multiple and encourage others to excel. HGH has been successfully approved to expend its Cardiology services: We will now add contrast to our already existing Trans Thoroacic Echocardiogram exams. Furthermore, we will start performing Stress Echo exams. To achieve this, we are in the process of acquiring state of the art technology (eBike, Software, dedicated Scanner etc.). While technology is certainly important, having the right Professional performing these exams is the key to our success. In order to help support this implementation, we are looking for a knowledgeable and dynamic cardiac sonographer willing to contribute into providing to our physicians and patients best possible service.
1111, Ghislain Hawkesbury, ON
The CMRITO Certified Echocardiography Technologist performs tests to produce high quality images for cardiologists to diagnose patients' conditions. The responsibilities of this position are: to ensure patient safety during examinations; to produce high quality images; to analyze these images and produce the measurements on the cardiac reporting software platform, to perform contrast injections, to inform the cardiologist of any emergency situation identified while scanning etc.
• Member of CMRITO (College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario).
• Member of Sonography Canada or ARDMS
• Experience in echocardiography - preferred
• Experience in echo stress – preferred Ability to work with software
• Possess a working knowledge of English and French
• Ability to introduce an IV during a contrast procedure – preferred
• Demonstrated critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills to plan and organize appropriately, anticipate, prevent, and resolve problems.
• Effective time management
• Customer service oriented approach
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients and colleagues
Type of Job
Regular Full-time position
37.5 hours per week (mostly day, may have some evening, night, weekends, statutory holidays and on-call shifts).
We would be happy to receive your resume at: email@example.com
Job Posting Link