REGISTERED MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST MICROBIOLOGY
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Registered Medical Lab Technologist to join our team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Laboratory Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Medical Laboratory Technologist in Microbiology is responsible for performing microscopic examinations of specimens using routine and special stain techniques; culturing specimens on appropriate media, recognizing normal flora and pathogens and performing identification and susceptibility testing; performing and recording quality control on culture media and reagents; preparing solutions, reagents and QC material performing specialized testing, (i.e., COVID, Hepatitis Flu, RSV and C. difficile); operating automated analyzers and equipment; assisting in research and clinical trials; organizing personal workflow to maintain performance standards of quantity and quality; and performing other related duties as assigned.
* Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO), which includes Microbiology (in good standing);
* Current experience in Microbiology required (minimum 2 years);
* Current experience in Meditech required;
* Current theoretical and technical knowledge in Microbiology;
* Proven organizational skills with the ability to assess requests and prioritize them to ensure good and prompt patient care;
* Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Proven problem-solving skills, with the ability to recognize problems, identify the cause (technical, instrumental), create alternatives and determine solutions;
* Proven ability to analyze and interpret laboratory test results;
* Ability to exercise independent judgement, deductive reasoning with attention to detail;
* Ability to work effectively under pressure in emergency situations;
* Previous experience in a Health Care setting, preferred;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area;
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard
Type of Job
REGULAR PART TIME
DAY/EVENING/NIGHT SCHEDULE; 8 hour Shifts (Subject to Change)
$32.43 to $43.46 per hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and OPSEU Local 348.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
Job Posting Link