Registered Nurse – After Cancer Treatment Transition Clinic
Women's College Hospital
Women's College Hospital (WCH) is an academic, ambulatory care hospital in Ontario with a focus on health for women, health equity and health system solutions. If you're ready to be part of a team that is revolutionizing the future of healthcare, then you will want to join an institution where the possibilities for innovation, new discovery and system thinking are limitless. Women's College Hospital is committed to equity, quality and patient safety as key professional values and essential components of daily practice.With the mobilization of our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan, WCH has entered an exciting phase of its history – strengthening its bond with partners and introducing a new and inspiring vision: Healthcare revolutionized for a healthier and more equitable world.FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health, Safety & Wellness department. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and reside in Ontario.
• Respond to patient inquiries, in person, via phone and via the patient portal
• Develop patient histories in preparation for initial visit
• Manage the flow of results and post clinic investigations
• Coordinates testing
• Contacting patients to discuss the timing of upcoming or previous investigations
• Understanding cancer care transition and the needs of cancer survivors.
• Liaises with the team to ensure interdisciplinary team functions efficiently and effectively and ensures continuity of patient care.
• Liaise with external clinical partners.
• Identifies, prioritizes and responds to patient’s problems and obtains patient’s history.
• Provides emotional support, including active listening, validation of concerns, and offering education.
• Responds to and triages patient phone calls, gives advice as appropriate.
• Provide extensive patient education related to any required procedure and/or tests ordered.
• Instructing the individual/family about the appropriate person to contact for concerns and problems as they arise.
• Advising the individual/family concerning survivorship issues specific to developmental stage and the resources available to support.
As a role model and champion, you will work to identify and integrate safe, best practices into daily activities to foster the delivery of safe and exemplary care.
The responsibilities described above are representative and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
• Current certificate and registration of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Certificate in Oncology Nursing and/or CNA Oncology Certificate is preferred.
• Current BCLS certification.
• A minimum of 2 years of Oncology Nursing experience is required.
• Experience working in an ambulatory care setting.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating care.
• Ability to function independently with excellent analytical and problem solving/crisis intervention skills/
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
•Professional behavior and communication that meets the standards of the professional regulatory college or association, as applicable, and the standards of Women’s College Hospital.
•This position plays a critical role in acting as an advocate for safety and will demonstrate principles, practices and processes that will optimize a safe environment for all.
Human Resources Coordinator
Job Posting Link