Registered Nurse – Mental Health, Crisis Program
Joseph Brant Hospital
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for seven (7) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers. JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team. JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
Please inquire within.
- Current certificate of competence in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum of two (2) years current experience in psychiatric inpatient clinical setting.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to use therapeutic verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client's mental and functional status.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, plan and implement care plan with clients with psychiatric disorders.
- Monitors client safety to minimize risk through use of observation levels, seclusion, restraints.
- Administers and monitors medication(s) accurately and safely.
- Awareness of family dynamics and multicultural issues.
- Demonstrated collaboration with the client, health care providers and others to access and coordinate resources and services.
- Plans access to resources required to manage potential emergency situations.
- Invokes Mental Health Act provisions as necessary.
- Explains the rationale to clients for assessment procedures and/or pharmaco therapy and/or electro convulsive therapy.
- Provides relevant information and guidance to the client's significant others.
- Incorporates knowledge of innovations and changes in Nursing Practice, Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- Advocates for the client within the context of institutional, professional, family and community interests and recognizes the right of the client to make choices with which the nurse may not agree.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to enable documentation of clinical data.
- Willingness to learn new models of care delivery, i.e. Primary Nursing, Tidal Model, etc.
- Willingness to provide care via both individual and group approaches.
- Collaborates in the formulation of mental health promotion activities.
- Acts as a role model for novice and/or student nurses.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #202802. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Based on recent government mandates and directives, Healthcare workers are now required to provide proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination to work in an acute care setting such as Joseph Brant Hospital. If successful in receiving a job offer with Joseph Brant Hospital, new hires will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date as a condition of their employment. In the event that successful candidates are unable to get their COVID-19 vaccination as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to determine if they are exempt from this requirement to employee health services upon receiving their offer of employment.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful place for everyone to visit, work and receive care. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at email@example.com or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
Human Resources Co-op Student
1245 Lakeshore Road
305-632-3737 ext 2229
Job Posting Link