Registered Respiratory Therapists (Temporary Full-Time)
Michael Garron Hospital
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
825 Coxwell Avenue
Responsible and accountable to the Manager, Interprofessional Practice for the provision of advanced respiratory care as established by the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario and the standards of respiratory care of this Hospital. You will be given the opportunity to provide excellent care in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Current license with the College of Respiratory Therapy of Ontario or a candidate for licensing required.
- CSRT/RTSO affiliation preferred.
- Current BCLS certification required; ACLS, PALS, NRP an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of recent acute care experience (ICU, ER, Wards) preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are experienced with Drager ventilation technology.
- Ability to manage a variety of invasive and non-invasive ventilation modalities.
- Experience in Paediatric respiratory care an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to perform pulmonary function testing an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient focused care principles.
- Good communication (both written and verbal), problem solving and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning.
- Computer skills (familiarity with Power Chart and Microsoft applications).
-Flexibility and willingness to work in all patient care areas, and complex continuing care .(skills and abilities considered)
- Required to attend department education as needed.
- Demonstrated competency in educating patients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide education to students and other health professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to welcome change and manage it innovatively.
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with link to the posting once available
Talent Acquisition Specialist
825 Coxwell Avenue, Toronto, ON M4C 3E7