Registered Technologist – 3 Part -Time
Sault Area Hospital
Serving a catchment population of approximately 115,000 SAH provides primary, secondary and select tertiary services to residents in Sault Ste. Marie and the District of Algoma.In addition to providing core services in Emergency and Critical Care; Medicine; Surgery; Obstetrics, Maternity and Pediatrics; Mental Health and Addictions; Complex Continuing Care; Rehabilitation; and Cardiac Care Services including coronary angioplasty through a partnership with St. Michael’s Hospital, SAH is also home to the Algoma Regional Renal Program and the Algoma District Cancer Program including radiation therapy services.SAH is extremely proud of our entire team of over 1700 dedicated staff, 365 physicians and 535 volunteers.
1. Perform laboratory procedures as indicated in department manuals, following Hospital and Laboratory Policies.
2. Work in two or more laboratory subsections, i.e. Transfusion Services, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology, Histology and Hematology.
3. Remain current in laboratory medicine and participate in available continuing education programs as required by the CMLTO.
4. Communicate with Patient Care Providers on laboratory matters and exercise independent judgment in specimen procurement, specimen analysis, reporting and interpretation of findings.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum acceptable experience in a training program approved by CSMLS, which includes a one-year clinical training.
2. One (1) year related work experience in a laboratory setting and/or phlebotomy, as required by assigned area.
Assistant HR Consultant