Registered Technologist – MRI – Permanent Part-Time
Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals – Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital – each have a full-service emergency department, core services and specialized services to provide you with the care you need. Our Woman and Child, Inpatient Mental Health and Inpatient Integrated Stroke programs are available to the community at Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. An extensive range of outpatient clinics, chronic kidney disease care, complex continuing care and rehabilitation are available at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Our community-based locations and services continue to provide additional support to western York Region.
As part of the inter-professional team, the Registered Technologist – MRI carries out the technical flow of work and actively participates in the daily departmental quality assurance program. The Registered Technologist – MRI works with physicians, other healthcare professionals and other departments in the hospital to provide complete patient care. In consultation with the Radiologist, the Registered Technologist – MRI operates and maintains a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner to obtain images which are used to diagnose the nature and extent of designated pathologies. The Registered Technologist – MRI optimizes the processes and quality of images provided and is capable of assuming responsibility for the daily functions and safety of the MRI Department.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Diploma (Degree) in radiography from an accredited institution.
• Must be a member in good standing of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
• Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
What else do you bring?
• Experience working with electronic medical records.
• Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT preferred.
• Minimum 3 years magnetic resonance experience in a hospital setting preferred.
• Experience working on both 1.5 and 3T systems and asset.
• Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by OPSEU
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Days, Evenings, Nights & Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
$32.99 - $45.56 per hour
10 Trench Street
Job Posting Link