Registered Technologist – Nuclear Medicine – Permanent Part-Time
Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals – Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital – each have a full-service emergency department, core services and specialized services to provide you with the care you need. Our Woman and Child, Inpatient Mental Health and Inpatient Integrated Stroke programs are available to the community at Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. An extensive range of outpatient clinics, chronic kidney disease care, complex continuing care and rehabilitation are available at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Our community-based locations and services continue to provide additional support to western York Region.
Coordinates and participates in all Nuclear Medicine and Bone Mineral Densitometry scanning procedures, producing excellent quality images. Responsible for efficient and safe operation of all Nuclear Medicine cameras, bone mineral densitometers and related equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Carries out technical flow of work.
• Work in accordance with departmental radiation safety policies and procedures and in compliance with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission regulations.
• Works with physicians, other healthcare professionals and departments within the hospital to provide complete patient care.
• Optimizes the processes and quality of images provided.
What must you have?
• Degree (Diploma) in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
• Must be a member in good standing of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
What else do you bring?
• Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
• Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• OAR ADT certification is preferred.
• Recent hospital experience is an asset.
• Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT is preferred.
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
*This position is being represented by OPSEU Paramedical
Days, Evenings, Nights & Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
$32.99 - $45.56 per hour
10 Trench Street
Job Posting Link