Registered Technologist – Part Time
Sault Area Hospital
Serving a catchment population of approximately 115,000 SAH provides primary, secondary and select tertiary services to residents in Sault Ste. Marie and the District of Algoma. In addition to providing core services in Emergency and Critical Care; Medicine; Surgery; Obstetrics, Maternity and Pediatrics; Mental Health and Addictions; Complex Continuing Care; and Rehabilitation, SAH is also home to the Algoma Regional Renal Program and the Algoma District Cancer Program including radiation therapy services. SAH is extremely proud of our entire team of over 1700 dedicated staff, 365 physicians and 535 volunteers.
1. Perform laboratory procedures as indicated in department manuals, following Hospital and Laboratory Policies.
2. Work in two or more laboratory subsections, i.e. Transfusion Services, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology, Histology and Hematology.
3. Remain current in laboratory medicine and participate in available continuing education programs as required by the CMLTO.
4. Communicate with Patient Care Providers on laboratory matters and exercise independent judgment in specimen procurement, specimen analysis, reporting and interpretation of findings.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of a post secondary Laboratory Technologist certificate program from a recognized institution.
2. Registered by the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario in good standing
3. General Certificate, but Subject Certification may be acceptable at the discretion of the Laboratory Director.
1. Minimum acceptable experience in a training program approved by CSMLS, which includes a one-year clinical training.
2. One (1) year related work experience in a laboratory setting and/or phlebotomy, as required by assigned area.
3. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
4. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
5. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
6. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
7. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
8. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
9. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
10. Knowledge of and participation in Quality Control procedures and Quality Assurance Programs.
11. Knowledge of laboratory equipment maintenance and operation required.
12. Knowledge of sterile tissue culture conditions as required by assigned area.
13. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance
$31.32 - $41.98/ hr
HR Assistant Consultant
750 Great Northern R. Sault Ste. Marie, ON
705.759.3434 ext 6909