Registered Technologist – Xray – Permanent Part-Time
Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals – Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital – each have a full-service emergency department, core services and specialized services to provide you with the care you need. Our Woman and Child, Inpatient Mental Health and Inpatient Integrated Stroke programs are available to the community at Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital. An extensive range of outpatient clinics, chronic kidney disease care, complex continuing care and rehabilitation are available at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Our community-based locations and services continue to provide additional support to western York Region.
As part of the inter-professional team the Registered Technologist plays an essential role in providing quality and patient/family centered care. The Registered technologist is responsible to work within a team environment to complete diagnostic images of In-patient and Out-patient clients in an accurate, efficient and professional manner. All roles are essential in providing a safe and healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and others by ensuring that health and safety policies are followed. Staff will rotate through x-ray master.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Carries out technical flow of work.
• Actively participates in the daily departmental quality assurance program.
• Works with physicians, other healthcare professionals and departments within the hospital to provide complete patient care.
• Optimizes the processes and quality of images provided.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What must you have?
• Diploma (Degree) in Radiography from an accredited institution.
• Must be a registered member in good standing of College of Medical Radiography Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO).
What else do you bring?
• Demonstrates ability to work as a team member.
• Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates excellence in communication, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Membership in CAMRT/OAMRT preferred.
• Quality Control experience, an asset.
• Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by OPSEU
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Days, Evenings, Nights & Weekends; 7.5 Hour Shifts
$32.99 - $44.22 per hour
10 Trench Street
Job Posting Link