Research MRI Technologist
With annual research funding exceeding $220 million, and an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada's most beautiful campuses.The Centre for Functional and Metabolic Mapping (CFMM) at Western University is dedicated to establishing the anatomical, metabolic and functional characteristics of normal brain development and healthy ageing across the lifespan; as well as establishing the brain basis of developmental, neuropsychiatric and neurodegenerative deficits using Canada's only collection of high-field (3T human) and ultra-high field (7T human and 9.4T animal) MR systems.
The Research MRI Technologist provides support to the CFMM Core facility operation, core faculty, and staff along with clinical, scientific and industrial collaborators. The incumbent will use their specialized training and certification in the radiological discipline of MRI with expertise in a research setting and is responsible for the safe and ethical operation of the human MRI scanners, and is ultimately accountable for the safety of the MRI subjects along with the research and/or clinical staff.
This role serves as an MRI technologist for the human MRI core facility (3T and 7T) at the CFMM, which is a cost recovery facility generating annual revenues over $1.2M. The CFMM serves well over 100 principle investigators, both local, national and international, each with multiple projects involving students, post-doctoral fellows, research assistants and research participants who are under the immediate supervision of the MRI operator.
- Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Certified MRT (MR)
- College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) certified
- Certification in IV injections
- 1 year experience as a certified and registered MRI technologist
- Siemens MRI platform experience is preferred
- Experience with 3T MR systems and experience in a research setting is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of Siemens MRI systems including the proven ability to troubleshoot and assess problems with hardware, software and image artifacts
- Extensive knowledge regarding MRI safety, compatibility of medical devices and ability to make decisions regarding subject screening
- Advanced knowledge of dealing with patient/subject privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated proficiency dealing with MRI compatible peripheral devices and knowledgeable with operation
- Proven ability to perform IV injections for studies requiring MRI contrast agent
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage activities both for self and others effectively
- Advanced ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing), lead business discussions and train others
- Strong project management techniques and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Creative problem solving abilities and sound professional judgment
- Results-oriented with an ability to handle many tasks and maintain a high level of individual and team performance
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, peers and external stakeholders
- Self-driven, critical thinker who is highly motivated and possesses an intrinsic passion for quality
37.5 per week
Based on Experience
Interested applicants are asked to visit: www.workingatwestern.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference 8561, by midnight on February 14th, 2017.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
Human Resources Coordinator
1393 Western Road (Support Services Bldg), Room 5100 London ON N6A 3K7
519-661-2111, ext. 85561