Resident Support Aide
Opportunities are available in the GTA, Peel Region, Hamilton region and Ottawa.
Do you love to help people and are interested in working in the health care sector? Then consider a position as a Resident Support Aide in a long-term care home. Opportunities are available in the GTA, Peel Region, Hamilton region and Ottawa.
If you have experience working in retail, hospitality, an administrative role or are a student in training, then a position as a Resident Support Aide could be for you. Resident Support Aides are trained and deployed to work in long-term care homes to help residents with their daily activities such as:
1. Providing routine tasks that support residents with their daily activities, including:
• Assisting at meal times and during nutritional breaks by helping with set up, delivery and service to residents in the dining room, in their rooms or in activity areas;
• Guiding residents to and from their rooms and throughout the home to activities and to promote a positive resident experience; and
• Assisting residents with devices (cell phones/tablets) to enable residents to communicate with their families and friends.
2. Providing residents with comfort and sense of purpose, including:
• Greeting residents, families and visitors in a positive and supportive manner, requesting if they need assistance of any kind; and
• Providing companionship to residents while reflecting the preferences of the resident.
3. Communicating with and supporting the care team by:
• Checking equipment and restocking unit supplies, reporting issues to the supervisor;
• Assisting as appropriate with team members who are transferring or positioning residents;
• Completing assigned clerical tasks;
• Assisting in set up of resident activities and programs; and
• Participating in care team meetings as appropriate.
What do you need to qualify?
• Successful completion of two years of secondary school (minimum grade 10)
• Must have completed RSA online training program (provided free of charge)
• Must complete online health system and LTC sector orientation modules
• Must complete in-house training before commencing duties
Skills & Abilities:
• Must have good judgement and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to observe residents and any behavioural changes which may require a call for care assistance
• Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents
• Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, visitor and others
Successful applicants would be hired as temporary casual employees, at a rate of $17/hour.
Job Posting Link