Resident Support Aide
GTA, Peel Region and, Ottawa
Resident Support Aides are trained and deployed to work in long-term care homes to help residents with their daily activities such as:
1. Providing routine tasks that support residents with their daily activities, including:
• Assisting at meal times and during nutritional breaks by helping with set up, delivery and service to residents in the dining room, in their rooms or in activity areas;
• Guiding residents to and from their rooms and throughout the home to activities and to promote a positive resident experience; and
• Assisting residents with devices (cell phones/tablets) to enable residents to communicate with their families and friends.
2. Providing residents with comfort and sense of purpose, including:
• Greeting residents, families and visitors in a positive and supportive manner, requesting if they need assistance of any kind; and
• Providing companionship to residents while reflecting the preferences of the resident.
3. Communicating with and supporting the care team by:
• Checking equipment and restocking unit supplies, reporting issues to the supervisor;
• Assisting as appropriate with team members who are transferring or positioning residents;
• Completing assigned clerical tasks;
• Assisting in set up of resident activities and programs; and
• Participating in care team meetings as appropriate.
What do you need to qualify?
• Successful completion of two years of secondary school (minimum grade 10)
• Must have completed RSA online training program (provided free of charge)
• Must complete online health system and LTC sector orientation modules
• Must complete in-house training before commencing duties
Skills & Abilities:
• Must have good judgement and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to observe residents and any behavioural changes which may require a call for care assistance
• Must be sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the residents
• Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, visitor and others
Successful applicants would be hired as temporary casual employees, at a rate of $17/hour.
If this job sounds like it would be a good fit for you, please apply at the Ontario Matching Portal.
Please do not email applications/resumes.