Provincial Health Services Authority
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.Under the supervision of the Chief Radiation Therapist/Regional Professional Practice Leader (and with work direction from the Planning Module Leader as appropriate) the Resource Therapist provides radiation services and direct patient care and acts as a clinical resource to staff in the module. The Resource Therapist may also assist the Chief Radiation Therapist/Regional Professional Practice Leader with administrative activities of the assigned module. The Resource Therapist works in collaboration with the Radiation Therapist – Education, Practice and Development and the Provincial Professional Practice and Academic Leader to ensure professional practice, processes and standards of care are maintained.
Education, Training and Experience
• Completion of post graduate program in Radiation Therapy or an equivalent combination of education. Completion of management program.
• Five (5) years’ recent experience, in a related setting or an equivalent combination or education, training and experience acceptable to the Agency.
• Canadian Association for Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) Certified.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership which includes coaching, mentoring and providing team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to manage confrontation and conflict.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, determine priorities, work independently and perform under pressure while making frequent independent decisions.
• Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
$34.18 - $42.62 / Hour