Respiratory Therapist | Primary Care
Interior Health Authority
Interior Health’s East Kootenay Fernie Health Centre has a permanent, full time Primary Care Respiratory Therapist available position.
In this role the Respiratory Therapist functions within a medical team-based primary care model at the community health service level where family physicians, other primary care providers, and allied health care providers work together to meet the health needs of their local community. The Primary Care Team structure is designed to be holistic, person-centred, culturally safe and responsive to individuals’ needs where providers work to an optimized scope of practice.
We are looking for a knowledgeable Respiratory Therapist to join the Primary Care Team. The Respiratory Therapist will have an office at Fernie Health Centre and over time may also be working from and seeing patients in private family physician clinics and seeing patients in their own homes. In this position the Respiratory Therapist delivers respiratory therapy services and programs related to:
• The promotion of respiratory health;
• The assessment, education, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with respiratory dysfunction;
• Communicating and demonstrating community and hospital based respiratory care procedures to other health care professionals and students;
• The use of respiratory equipment or special procedures.
Interior Health offers an exceptional employer-paid benefits package including dental and prescription coverage, group life, and extensive extended health plan, plus up to 20 days’ vacation after your first year of employment. Days of work will be Mondays and Fridays. Local travel is required within this role in the surrounding area. Access to personal vehicle will be required; a valid Driver’s License is necessary.
When you join IH, you will be part of a progressive, multi-disciplinary team that consistently focuses on leading practice rehabilitation programs. Interior Health (IH) offers a positive work environment that promotes continuous learning, professional growth, and clinical skill development.
• Graduation from a recognized program in Respiratory Therapy and two years’ recent and relevant experience in pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma education, respiratory home care, home ventilation, home oxygen, and sleep disordered breathing screening, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current certification with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT) and eligible for registration with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists (BCSRT) and CSRT.
• Current valid BC driver’s license.
APPLY ONLINE: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/ViewJobPosting/1783021?ReturnUrl=%2fJobSearch%2fs-1783021%2f0-0-0-10-0-false
This posting is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination orders and selected applicant(s) must comply.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with internal career exploration, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor. We invite applicants to self-identify as First nations, Métis, or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
IHA Careers Recruitment
IHA Careers Recruitment
505 Doyle Avenue
Job Posting Link
Interior Health Authoritywebsite