Social Worker, Primary Health Care
LAMP Community Health Centre
LAMP Community Health Centre is a multi-service, community based charitable organization that provides a wide range of programs and services to improve a person's health. LAMP uses a co-ordinated approach to connect people to medical services and other programs that build personal resources. By providing services that improve physical, emotional, social and economic well-being, people can better manage their health and environment.
2555 Dixie Rd, Mississauga, ON L4Y 4C4
• Perform clinical tasks within the Social Worker scope of practice following an anti-racism, anti-oppression framework
• Provide immediate assistance to clients who phone, walk-in or are referred to LAMP and require assessment and follow-up.
• Provide short-term and occasional counselling services to clients; and provide case management by developing plans to assist clients in achieving their goals.
• Advocate for and on behalf of clients to access services/resources/programs.
• Have a leading role and participate in the LAMP Client Response Team (CRT).
• Undertake advocacy by engaging in community outreach for identified community needs; community development by participating in coalitions/networks; and health promotion activities within LAMP.
• Develop and maintain contact with appropriate LAMP programs and referral agencies to ensure seamless service.
• Maintain comprehensive client records that meet required standards of practice.
• Enter client encounter data regularly into the EMR and maintain up-to-date client documentation.
• Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of group social work/mental health programs/services.
• Maintain all activities within LAMP’s values, following a participant involvement model which focuses on strengths.
• The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
• Master of Social Work (MSW)
• Registration and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers.
• Three years’ experience minimum in a Social Worker role which includes experience with individual counselling
• Demonstrated working experience and competency with short term client interventions and group work.
• Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) certification preferred.
• Proven experience working in a community setting and with people experiencing mental health and addictions challenges and needs (i.e. vulnerable, marginalized, newcomers, immigrants, seniors, youth, queer and trans, people living in isolation and in poverty who are at risk.)
• Proven experience providing assessments, counselling and client intervention.
• Demonstrated cultural competency and awareness of cultural safety, ability to communicate with a wide variety of people from diverse cultural backgrounds, experiences and socioeconomic status.
• Must be client focused with excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to deal effectively with crisis and conflict, cope with trauma, do self-care, balance crisis support and counselling duties.
• Utilize an EMR to maintain clients’ records and enter client encounters.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively across all levels of the organization’s diverse workforce.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
• Positive attitude, empathetic, flexible and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere.
• Participate in relevant LAMP meetings, initiatives and committees, including quality improvement initiatives and crisis response facilitation.
• Proven understanding of the social determinants of health and a health promotion framework; commitment to interdisciplinary team approach to coordination of health and social services, practice of anti-racism and anti- oppression (including anti-homophobia, anti-transphobia, anti-sexism, and others); commitment to harm reduction approach.
• Knowledge of the health care system and health insurance an asset.
• Knowledge of the Mississauga community and a second language that is reflective of the community are assets.
35 per week
$63,597.00 to $75,043.00 per year
Temporary Full-Time Contract: 35 hours per week
Contract Period: August 2023 - March 29, 2024 (with possibility of extension)
Salary Range: $63,597.00 to $75,043.00 per year
Location: East Mississauga Community Health Centre
Proof of Vulnerable Check required prior to hiring
Human Resources Generalist
Job Posting Link