Sonographer – Diagnostic Ultrasound
Kingston Health Sciences Centre
Kingston Health Sciences Centre (KHSC) is Southeastern Ontario’s largest acute-care academic hospital. Consisting of our Hotel Dieu Hospital site and Kingston General Hospital site, as well as the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario and two research institutes, we care for more than 500,000 patients and families from across our region. As one of Kingston’s largest employers, we are home to nearly 5,000 staff, more than 2,000 health-care learners and 1,000 volunteers who are committed to partnering with patients and families to ensure we continually provide high quality, compassionate care. Fully affiliated with Queen’s University we are ranked as one of Canada’s top research hospitals.Come & see why Kingston is a great place to live: https://possiblemadehere.org/
• Perform abdominal, obstetrical/gynecology, pelvic, chest, face, neck, brain, small parts, extremity, Doppler, pediatric, vascular or other studies as instructed the by Radiologist in charge in ultrasound or the Physician in charge while in ADCL.
• Operates complex ultrasound equipment.
• Recognize the significance of all structures visualized on the ultrasound monitor at all times and to differentiate artifact from normal or pathological structures.
• Must be able to determine the anatomy as normal or abnormal, and if abnormal, be able to delineate the abnormality and extend the scope of the study appropriately.
• Responsible for working and performing duties as assigned in Ultrasound across KHSC, including areas at all hospital sites, and off-site locations based on operational needs
• Select proper transducer, frequency and diameter for optimum performance for the examination.
• Efficiently operate ancillary devices such as key pads, view point, HIS, RIS, PACS and probe reprocessing equipment.
• Appropriately prepare patients for ultrasound procedures and explain the procedure to the patient while performing the study.
• Assist in the training of new Sonographers, students, and staff, as required
• Provide technical assistance for biopsy and aspiration procedures
• Continuously improve and expand scanning skills by a variety of means including participation in reading sessions, attend meetings or conferences when possible, reading articles and other methods available
• Once appropriately instructed will assist in the quality assurance program of testing the ultrasound equipment and reporting problems to the senior sonographer
• Recognize and report electronic equipment problems
• Assist in research projects and participate in Quality Improvement activities
• Participate in the evaluation of new products and equipment
• Successful completion of a recognized course in Ultrasound
• Registered with CMRITO
• 3 years of experience within the last 5 years preferred.
• Computer and software proficiency
• Analytical ability
• Medical terminology
• Must be competent and efficient in abdominal and obstetrical/gynecological scanning.
• Experience in Doppler and vascular ultrasound an asset
• Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
• Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search required.
Full-Time and Part-Time Opportunities Available
Job Posting Link