Supervisor, Lab Ops
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for nearly 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. Following the acquisition of BC Biomedical on April 2, 2013 and CML Healthcare on October 1st, 2013, LifeLabs nearly doubled in size, now providing more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to transform and manage laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
LifeLabs is currently looking for a Supervisor, Lab Operations - Microbiology to join our team in Belleville.
This is a full-time role. This role rotates through days and evening shifts. Rotation to other shifts depending on operational need.
As a Supervisor overseeing Microbiology department, you will be responsible for the achievement of departmental goals and targets relating to People, Safety, Quality, Service and Cost. You will be responsible for all day to day operational activities i.e. planning, coordinating, evaluating and overseeing all technical and operational activities within the lab.
In this role you will:
• In collaboration with the Manager, attract and retain talent, including hiring, onboarding, and training, managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports
• Conduct performance management of employees; ensure accurate documentation of all required documentation as it relates to performance
• Effectively work and liaise with other functional areas ( Logistics, Client Services, Materials)
• Develop and approve employee schedules, manage sick time, vacation and personal leaves as they related to company policies
• Provide active leadership and development to all direct reports; ensure all individual and team accountabilities are understood and met
• Identify, implement and manage in support of continuous improvement relating to quality, safety, productivity, and customer service and employee development.
• Demonstrate the ability to obtain the appropriate resources; work collaboratively with peers and support groups
• Actively participate in regional Leadership Team meetings
• In line with all IQMH requirements, support a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
The right person for this role will also be focused on implementing business plans including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business and leading smaller local projects and teams.
• College Diploma - Medical Laboratory Technologist or equivalent education and experience
• Must have relevant recent experience, knowledge and technical skills in the appropriate field
• Current registration with College of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
• Minimum of 5 years laboratory experience or equivalent experience
• Must have technical knowledge, proven people leadership skills and change management abilities.
Please email Chantelle.email@example.com with your Resume.
Talent Acquisition Specialist