Team Lead, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Safety
Georgian Radiology Consultants
Are you tired of working late hours and on holidays with an overwhelming patient workload? Are you tired of missing family dinners and events? We offer a schedule that is conducive to a healthy, happy work/life balance in a family-oriented Independent Health Facility organization. Are you looking for a new opportunity, a promotion? We offer an exciting opportunity for someone looking to lead our Nuclear Medicine department and join our leadership team.The Company:Georgian Radiology Consultants (GRC) has been proudly providing diagnostic imaging services throughout Simcoe County since 1972. With more than 70 hardworking dedicated employees, GRC continuously strives to be the most trusted name in diagnostic imaging through use of updated equipment and with qualified professional team members.Our Team Leads enjoy:● Friendly, welcoming, cohesive team environment● A safe and healthy work environment where our employees can grow personally and professionally● Generous vacation allowance● The opportunity to contribute to continuous improvement of the organization● Being a part of a team providing exceptional and compassionate patient care servicesThe Location:This position is based primarily at our Innisfil location, in the beautiful Rizzardo Health and Wellness Centre. We pride ourselves on growing and building strategic partnerships to meet the needs of the communities that we serve. Simcoe County offers a personable small-town community feel while being only a short distance to larger metropolitan areas. Our clinic sites are all within close proximity to a body of water and the area offers outdoor adventures year-round such as skiing, snowboarding, boating, fishing, and hiking.
We are looking for a skilled Team Lead for our Nuclear Medicine department. As the working supervisor of the Nuclear Medicine team, the technologist will perform general Nuclear Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology. The technologist must be patient-focused and capable of performing high quality nuclear medicine procedures independently and proficiently, in accordance with CMRITO Standards of Practice, radiation safety principles, and GRC protocols.
As the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), the successful candidate will supervise and manage all aspects of GRC’s radiation safety program and act as the primary contact for the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC).
The successful candidate will directly manage the Nuclear Medicine team, coordinate the Nuclear Medicine operations, and help grow and lead the expansion of the Nuclear Medicine department. As part of the leadership team, you will act as the site manager for our Innisfil clinic.
Currently the position would manage a Nuclear Medicine team of 3.
Relocation assistance may be available.
• Active registration with the CMRITO in Nuclear Medicine required.
• Registration with CAMRT/OAMRS preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of clinical experience in Nuclear Medicine preferred.
• Active Professional Liability Insurance.
• Satisfactory criminal record check.
• Certification as a Radiation Safety Officer (RSO), or willing to obtain within the next 6 months.
• Current Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) certificate preferred.
• Capable leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with a high level of professionalism in interpersonal relations.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize; work under pressure and show flexibility.
• Must have strong independent decision-making skills with a high level of initiative.
• Discretion and maturity in handling confidential matters.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge, and proficiency with PACS .
Apply in confidence to Terri Holbrough at firstname.lastname@example.org